Episode 1036 of the Vietnam Veteran News Podcast will be an expose of the stark truths behind the intentions of the producers of the epic documentary The Vietnam War by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick. The writer Phillip Jennings has dared to tell the truth about the documentary and its message. He laid out his position in a story he wrote for the New York Sun titled: Justifying Betrayal of Vietnam Emerges as the Raison d’être Of Ken Burns’ Film on the War.
Jennings began he piece with this bold statement: “The only positive thing I can say about Ken Burn’s documentary on the Vietnam War is this — if it is the best the left has, we may blessedly have heard the last of them. The arguments Mr. Burns presents are weak, biased, and insulting. The documentary is scripted to evoke sorrow and moral indignation over what was presented as American error, ineptness, and lack of moral purpose.”
He shredded the five pillars of the liberal view of the war that are:
- There was moral equivalency between the U.S. and Communist forces, and the goals and objectives of the respective governments.
- President Johnson and General Westmoreland accomplished nothing.
- The wars waged in Laos and Cambodia are irrelevant and were just part of the “civil war” in South Vietnam.
- South Vietnam was so corrupt that the North was a viable alternative.
- America was not and has never been exceptional.
Listen to episode 1036 of this podcast Vietnam Veteran News and discover the real story about US involvement in the Vietnam War.
It is highly recommended you get and read a copy of Jennings book The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Vietnam War. In his book he reveals the truth about the battles, players, and policies of Vietnam one of the most controversial wars in U.S. history.