Episode 1061 of the Vietnam Veteran News Podcast will feature what some wonderful ladies out in Benton, Arkansas did to honor Vietnam Veterans. The event Mary Ellen Laursen and Sheila Beatty put on November 4, 2017 at the Olde Crows General Store located at 17199 Hot Springs Hwy, Benton, Arkansas was covered in a story found on The Hot Springs Village Voice website titled: U.S.D. 1812 thanks Vietnam veterans.
The two above mentioned ladies are members of the United States Daughters of 1812 chapter in that area which is a Commemorative Partner with the United States Of America Vietnam War Commemoration. According to the Commemoration website, its aims include:
- To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war (POW), or listed as missing in action (MIA), for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces.
- To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
Commemoration partners are required to hold a minimum of six events to honor Vietnam Veterans. The Commemoration event held at the Olde Crows General Store in Benton on November 4, 2017 was the third event conducted by U.S.D. 1812 in Arkansas.
If you or your organization would like to become a Commemoration Partner CLICK HERE for more information. .
Listen to episode 1061 and hear what the wonderful ladies of the U.S.D. 1812 in Arkansas did for its Vietnam Veterans.